- This event has passed.
Unplug – 21 Day Media Fast
January 3 - January 23
We are so excited about our 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting from January 3rd to the 23rd! Join us as we posture ourselves to encounter the Lord in new ways and welcome him into our lives daily by removing distraction. This year we are encouraging the church to participate in a Media Fast! (TV, social media, movies, news, etc)
Each day of the fast we’ll be praying for a specific topic together as a church family. We also have a 21 day devotional created by Hope Staff and Leaders available in print (at the Guest Service Desk in the Foyer) or Digital Download (pdf below). Check out the resources below to start planning and believing today!
Daily Prayer Topics – Week 1
- January 3rd – Seek Him. Matthew 6:33
- As we set aside time to pray and fast these next 21 days, we want to make first things first. That we would spend the majority of our time, energy, resources and breath seeking, abiding and worshipping Jesus.
- January 4th – Faithful Father. Psalm 94:14
- Lord, let me forever remember that the faithfulness of your love will see me through every trial.
- January 5th – Outpouring. Prayer for Tonight’s night of Prayer and Worship at 6:30pm
- Come expectant. We will be praying for the hunger of God to fill his church. Like in Acts, we would be filled with JOY and Courage. We will be asking for the move of the Holy Spirit.
- January 6th – Freedom. John 8:36
- STAND firm and ask God for breakthrough. Freedom from addictions, fear, sin, strongholds, and anything else that easily entangles us.
- Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom! We are praying that God’s Spirit inside of you would give you freedom.
- January 7th – Health. Psalm 103:1-3
- Let’s pray over the health of our church family. Pray that their minds would be renewed, their bodies would increase in health, and their eyes and ears would be open. That our soul would find rest in God (Ps. 62:5)
- January 8th – The Church. Galatians 3:28
- Join us in praying for our local churches. Pray for healing of division and disconnection. Pray for the leadership, their health, their families, their year and that this would be a year where they hear, see, and experience God in greater measure.
- January 9th – Healing our Land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
Daily Prayer Topics – Week 2
- January 10th – Community Leaders.
- Let’s join together and ask God to fill our leaders (medical, business, ministry, education, etc) with wisdom and insight into every situation they face.
- January 11th – Missions. Mark 16:15
- Pray for the Gospel of Chris to be spread throughout the World. Pray for the Missionaries Hope Church supports.
- January 12th – Our City. Prayer for Tonight’s night of Prayer and Worship at 6:30pm.
- Come expectant. We will pray for a harvest of souls to come. That the lost would be found and that we would carry His heart for our community.
- January 13th – The Poor and Homeless. Matthew 25:40
- Would you join us today as we pray for the homeless; men, women and children that have no place to call home. We ask that the needy find safety and that they will be guided to places of peace and security. And asking God what is our part in helping them in our city.
- January 14th – Our Neighbors. Romans 12:10
- Join us as we pray for ask the Lord to deepen our love for our neighbors, our neighborhood. Lift up their names to the Lord and ask Him to give you His heart for them.
- January 15th – Financial Breakthrough. Jeremiah 29:11
- Join us as we are praying for provision and financial breakthrough for families, people, area businesses, schools and our city. We are declaring that Springfield families and the surrounding areas..have a future and a hope.
- January 16h – Miracles. Jeremiah 17:14.
- Come expectant. We will be praying for healing for emotional, physical and spiritual healing. We will pray for the sick and the ones in needs.
Daily Prayer Topics – Week 3
- January 17th – Relationships.
- Join us as we pray to become aware of God’s love for us and the people we have around us. People’s responses will not determine how we love them. May we see them how He sees them.
- January 18th – Families. Jeremiah 32.27
- Would you pray with us for the families of our church; the united, the broken, the single mothers and fathers, the families that are struggling, the families that have more than enough.
- Let’s remind ourselves that the prayers that we pray for our families are effective, powerful and changing the destiny of our family.
- January 19th – Marriages.
- Join with us as we ask God to give us grace to love our spouses better than ever before. We are asking God to reveal His plan for your marriage and the strength to walk out what He has for us.
- January 20th – Children and Teenagers
- Join us as we pray for all children-ones that are lonely, afraid, depressed, sick. We ask for God’s protection and wisdom.
- Let’s pray for their healing, salvation, freedom and hope.
- January 21st – Young Adults
- Join us as we pray for the young adults in our church and our city. We are asking that they would encounter God, that they would seek Him with their choices and decisions during this amazing time.
- January 22nd – Reconciliation
- Join us in for relationships of all kinds to be reconciled and that we would live peaceably with all men and women.
- January 23rd – Celebration Sunday
Books on Fasting and Prayer
- Fasting – Jentezen Franklin *Click here to Purchase*
- The Rewards of Fasting – Mike Bickle *Click here to Purchase*
- How to Pray – Pete Greig *Click here to Purchase*
Playlists for Prayer